Isn’t this going to be a fun congrats card or graduation card?! I love it! It’s so fun when what you imagined works out! YAY for stamping and die cutting FUN! *grin*
a little bit of a side view…
You are looking at the NEW Dream Cloud die from Memory Box! There’s a new happy cloud, birthday cloud and thanks cloud too! I LOVE using the words by themselves too! Cindy at Starlitstudio.net has them in stock!
The balloon stamp and die, sentiment and star stamps are from Lawn Fawn… link below in the supplies.
Linking up to CAS on Sunday – one layer wonder (yes this truly is one layer!)
Addicted To CAS – luck
Clean and Simple Stamping – sketch (upside down)
Sarah Hurley 365 – Speech Bubbles
Stempelgarten Challenge – one layer card
Sister Act Card Challenge – Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps – Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund Challenge – Anything Goes with a twist, Die cute
So here’s what I did…
1. cut an 8.5 x 11 pc. of card-stock in half, score one half at 4.25. Use the teflon bone folder to crease… LOVE the teflon bone folder (link below)…no glossy look where I rub after creasing!!!
2. cut the balloon out of the front of your card
3. cut the balloon out of red card-stock
4. cut the bottom of the balloon out of kraft card-stock
5. stamp the red and kraft pcs with the balloon stamp, then cut and piece them together
6. I used packing tape to cover behind the balloon cut out portion of the card front. You want sticky in the opening to adhere your red and kraft balloon parts to it. Go ahead and stick them in
7. Then position your dream cloud die face down to the right side of the card front over the stamped red balloon.
8. Tape the dream die in place with reposition-able tape, stick the tape to your clothes a couple times to make sure most of the sticky is removed.
9. Run it through the die cut machine.
10. Keep the word dream because you will use that part
11. Cut the dream cloud die from white card-stock, keeping the white centers of the letters.
12. Piece the die cuts into the card front and cover the back with packing tape to hold it in place or you can put the packing tape over the hole first and then piece in the cloud parts.
13. isn’t this fun?! : )
14. Stamp the little star from the balloon set multiple times with Tumbled Glass distress ink.
15. Stamp the sentiment from the set.
16. Back to the other half of the 8.5 x 11 piece of card-stock. Cut it in half…well, a little less than half… 4 ⅛ in. x 5 ⅜ in.
17. Adhere that piece behind the card front to cover up the piecing and taping you did.
That’s it for this card!
Now for the Winter scene I told you I was working on… colored it last Monday morning and finished it Friday morning! Where does the time go! It goes by me way too fast!
The stamps I used for this card are from Serendipity Stamps…wonderful images to color and create cards with.
I stamped with Ranger Archival Black ink on Canson watercolor paper and watercolored with Ranger Distress markers. Stardust Stickles to give the snowy, Winter sparkle.
I used the new Mini Perfect Layers Tools and the new Cutting mat… oh, I do love them a lot! Yes, I’m glad I have both sizes.
How I paint with Distress Markers…post and Video HERE.
So happy to finally use these stamps I’ve had in my collection for years! Some times just owning makes me happy! I need to find a use your stash challenge to link to! lol
Linking my Winter Scene card to…
Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long – Sparkle and Shine
Virginia’s View Challenge – Watercoloring
Hiding in my Craft Room – Color It!
Completely Christmas – Anything Goes
QKR Stampede – Anything Goes
Stampin’ For the Weekend – Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes
Fusion Card Challenge – Sketch
I have two more Winter cards but I better save them for another day! : ) Tomorrow I’ll be back with more NEW from Memory Box!
Thanks for stopping by! We’ve got snow again… you know you’re in IOWA when you experience all four seasons in one week! lol ttut!
Supplies I used for these two cards…