Did you guess right? oh? I didn’t tell you to? oh… well…this flower idea is what set me off on the Curly Q crazees! Scroll down to see the other three cards that I posted yesterday… I’ve had some serious creating this week!
The super creative Mary J on the ATS Design Team set me to thinking when she used the waste from the Curly Q die for raindrops on her card Tuesday!!! I was challenged! Thanks Mary J! So fun to work with you!
If you guessed Rolled Flowers out of the Curly Q die you guessed right!!! VERY FUN! I wrote out a short tutorial for creating these flowers.
* cut the Curly Q die out in a few flowery Spring colors
* roll it up just like you would a rolled rose or other rolled flower!
* fiddle with it for five minutes to get the loops evened out a bit (if you are faster than that, I want to know your trick! lol)
* glue it together with Tombow Mono Multi glue (I love this glue… I’ve been using it for over ten years!)
* I punched 3/4 inch circles and glued the flower in the center
* die cut two of the large Phlox Flower die to make the leaves under the flower
* cut the Phlox Flower into pieces, I used one piece with three leaves and two pieces with two leaves for each flower
* glue those pieces under the flower… to the circle
* the flower centers are the smallest Phlox Flower from the Phlox Flower die
* filler greenery is from the Leafy Branch and Mistletoe dies
* the flower pot is a folded piece of card-stock and I just chopped off the slant!
* the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment is from the All About Mom sentiment set and I stamped it on the banner from the Banners Tags die (this die comes in so handy) with my stamp a ma jig
Here’s the card laying down… I cut a strip of card-stock…trimmed it at the top like a shipping tag. Adhered the flowers to the top of the strip/long tag… then it slides down between the fold of the flower pot!
The flower pot is just a piece of card-stock, you determine the size… folded in half, trimmed and a little border glued on the top for the ridge of the flower pot. You want the fold to be at the bottom. I used ATG on the sizes to hold it together, being sure to leave room for the strip/tag to move in and out freely.
Stamp a sentiment and layer it up on the strip/tag.
It just squeals, SPRING!
Thanks for visiting my blog this week… I think this is a record for me, posting four times in one week! WOW! Course I haven’t had time for anything else! Pans piled in the sink… laundry…an inbox full of email…eek! hehe So I’ll be catching up next! lol I’m sure you all identify! It’s been fun though and I love hearing what you think! It spurs me on! Have a blessed Easter… God bless you!
Stamps and Such…