Today is our monthly stamp club and it’s showbox party time! This is the card I’m taking for everyone to make. If you receive Archivers email newsletter, they had a card like this in one awhile back. I don’t know how they did what they did to achieve their results but this is what I did! lol I used Hero Arts CG154 Aged Print Background stamp and Tim Holtz A Joyful Christmas Cling stamp set. I wrote up the instructions for club, so I’ll copy and paste them here too…
Two Peas in a Bucket does have some of these Tim Holtz stamps wood mounted HERE, if you can’t find the cling set. Glimmer Mists HERE. I like glimmer mists a lot! : )
Over on the Jingle Belles Challenge blog they are wanting to see a card inspired by a Christmas carol! I’m gonna go with “O Holy Night”.
A Joyful Christmas
1. On the 4 ¼ x 5 ½ piece of natural card-stock stamp the Hero Arts distress background stamp two times. The first time ink it up with Old Paper distress ink and stamp it with the arrow pointing up ( I added an arrow w/a sharpie marker)…stamp it off on the scrap paper to clean it. Ink it up a second time with Frayed Burlap distress ink and stamp it with the arrow pointing down, over the top, on the same piece you stamped the first time. Stamp it off on the scrap paper to clean it for the next gal.
2. Stamp the crackle stamp one time in Frayed Burlap distress ink – look at the sample card for placement.
3. Stamp “A Joyful Christmas” with fired brick distress ink in the bottom left corner… the stamp positioner is ready if you want to use it for positioning.
4. Stamp the angel with Versafine Black ink – look at the sample card for placement.
5. Stamp the music staff with Walnut Stain distress ink – look at the sample card for placement.
6. With the Tim Holtz edge distressing tool… scuff up all four sides of the stamped, natural piece.
7. Using the ink blending tool and Walnut Stain distress ink, edge all four sides of the natural, stamped card with ink and then go around the piece of red card-stock also.
8. Using the cardboard box… place your stamped piece in it and hold it up to spritz it with 4 blasts of the dazzling diamonds glimmer mist… set it aside to dry a bit.
9. Fold your kraft card base in half on the scored line, crease
10. Ink the edges a little with the ink blending tool and the Walnut Stain distress ink.
11. Punch a rectangle with the handheld punch in the back behind the fold for your gold cord to go through.
12. Using the TH tiny attacher, staple the stamped piece to the red piece – look at the sample card for placement.
13. Adhere your stamped piece to the kraft card.
14. Add the gold cord, the greenery, holly and berries.
Thanks for stopping by and talk to you later!!!